August 02, 2012
Welcome back! Yesterday I had the opportunity to introduce myself and now I want to talk to you about how Comprehensive Kidney Care can make an impact for patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
While there are always new medications in development, other important interventions CKD include blood pressure control, weight control, dietary control (calories, protein, and/or phosphate), medication compliance, and adherence to CKD guidelines (K/DOQI and KDIGO). These are tall orders with which to comply for CKD patients, families, and providers. inVentiv Medical Management’s Accountable Care Solution, however, offers a great opportunity to help both patients and providers optimize patients’ care with the goals of
1) Keeping patients off of dialysis as long as possible
2) Optimizing patients’ and families’ quality of life
3) Enhancing patients’ access to the appropriate care-givers to provide expert nephrology care
4) Ensuring patients’ nephrology care conforms to the latest guidelines
5) Minimizing the impact of ESRD care, which is incredibly burdensome and expensive, by encouraging home dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and transplant listing
6) Providing access to the latest information and studies as new information emerging that can be brought to bear on our patients’ care
The key to taking advantage of this opportunity is of course to identify the patients that would benefit from these approaches using our proprietary algorithms and initiate them on the appropriate treatment programs as soon as possible. This is something that inVentiv Medical Management has been doing, and I am incredibly excited to join iMM and collaborate in this most important endeavor, namely to keep people off of dialysis and optimize ESRD care, the ultimate goals of my professional career. Going forward from here I will regularly share with you items of interest that I run across in my reading of the nephrology literature and updates in our approach that will hopefully pique your intellectual curiosity and inspire you to realize the amazing benefit we can bring to our clients.